Mr. Micro
Dan Hassey, Mr. Retirement
- Senior Stock Analyst -
Mr. Retirement

Gold and Energy Advisor's Real Wealth

Real Wealth #089  01/25/2007

Question and Answer Exchange on Gold and Energy Advisor's focus on Iraq

Dear Subscribers,

I received an email today from a fellow subscriber which I think merits an intelligent response...

Dear James,

I certainly enjoy your newsletter and you are one of the few who shares technical analysis approaches, which I use and rely on.  BUT, will you get off the anti-Iraq war comments?  They have nothing to do with your analysis, and I see the current Iraq situation as a work in progress which I support and definitely NOT the wrong war at the wrong time.  I don't think that you or any one in the media has the knowledge, with all respects to you, to decide what the right war at the right time really is.

My regards,

T L

My reply...

I have to disagree, on both the war and its relevance to the gold and energy markets.

The Iraqi war and occupation was strategically the worst possible war at the wrong time, possibly in U.S. history and the result of this misstep is going to be much bigger budget deficits and a much weaker dollar.

The fact is that Saddam Hussein was well contained by both the U.S. no fly zones and embargo. We could have continued to bomb and pummel Iraq's military structure without committing ground troops.

There were no weapons of mass destruction and much of what had been used to justify the war was completely made up and invented. As Carl Bernstein wrote today in his column: Bush Administration Has Done 'Far Greater Damage' Than Nixon ...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003537212

"... perhaps worst, has been the lying and mendacity of the president and his men and women--in the reasons they cited for going to war, their conduct of the war, their attempts to smear their political opponents.

The consequence of the Iraq war and occupation is a revitalized Taliban and Al Qaeda and an empowered Iran that is now building both nuclear weapons and (now with North Korea's help) the test sites for these weapons. 

Gold and oil are up dramatically since the Iraq invasion in 2003, because investors, speculators, foreign governments and the world's central banks recognize the danger to the very financial fabric of the world economy. The price of gold and oil are and will be tied to the length and outcome of this war and the debt we continue pile on to wage this war and maintain the Iraq occupation.

Best Wishes,

James DiGeorgia
Editor

------------------------------------------------------
Gold jumps AGAIN ...

Now at $650...Heading to $950 this year!

Now is the time to build your personal gold reserves. To get you started I've found a great way to introduce you to gold ownership and make investing in physical gold easier. For a very limited time, I'm offering a special www.GoldandnergyAdvisor.com and www.21stCenturyAlert.com 10 year renewal offer. Subscribe for 10 years for just $1,895 — a $9,950 value - and I'll also send you a one ounce 24kt Gold Gem Uncirculated 2006 U.S. $50 Buffalo — a retail value of $995 — as a bonus.

I want to get some gold in your hands right away so you get a feel for its ownership and what you should be buying.

Through this special renewal offer, you get 10 years of the incredible investment resources offered by and through the Gold & Energy Advisor and 21st Century Alert AND one ounce of pure 24kt gold independently graded and certified for just $1,895. There are just four reasonable catches:

#1: This is a very expensive offer so I'm limiting it to no more than 100 subscribers -- first come, first served -- with no exceptions. I have just 100 NGC graded 2006 $50 Buffalo gold coins in stock. The last time I made an offer like this — we were sold out in a few short days. I had to suspend the offer and turn away checks. 

#2: No shipments overseas or outside the United States. Customs has become impossible since 9/11.

#3: No cancellations. No refunds. If you have a hardship and are forced to cancel this subscription, the value of the coin ($995) will be deducted from any refund or the coin must be returned.

#4: You must call 1-800-819-8693 to place your order so you can lock in this special renewal offer (mention promotion code webe0284). No exceptions. This offer is good via check payment only. Please no credit cards.
----------------------------------------------------------

Please see risk disclosure link below.