Geoff Garbacz, Mr. Micro
- Chief Strategist -
Mr. Micro
Dan Hassey, Mr. Retirement
- Senior Stock Analyst -
Mr. Retirement

Gold and Energy Advisor's Real Wealth

Real Wealth #069  08/08/2006

Scholar Warns Iran's Ahmadinejad May Have 'Cataclysmic Events' In Mind For August 22

Dear Subscribers,

I've made no secret of my belief that Iran's President Ahmadinejad believes he is meant to pave the way for the arrival of, or may actually believe he is the Shiite Messiah and we are all living in the end days.

In today's WALL STREET JOURNAL in the op-ed section, Princeton's Bernard Lewis wrote:

"There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers."

"In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time -- Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined."

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by Aug. 22," which this year corresponds "to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1).

"This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of
Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind."

The world refuses to believe that Iran's radical Islamic leaders are evil. The vast majority of U.N member nations continue to act as if Israel, United States and Jewish people are the principal trouble makers in the world.

It reminds me of what Philosopher George Santayana said: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

To me it feels like were repeating the same mistakes of the mid 1930's. The world refused to believe that Hitler would gas and murder millions or that he would attempt to conquer the world. Nazi's were marching in Madison Square garden celebrating German American friendship while Hitler was planning the conquest of the world.

Thank god some like Princeton's Bernard Lewis -(see his biography http://www.princeton.edu/~nes/faculty_lewis.html) are starting to speak up and agree with my assessment.

The Iranians are 100% behind the attack on Israel; they're working with Bin Laden and his terror network. The will strike the United States and our allies and inflict as much death and destruction. These people cannot be talked to or negotiated with. They want us all dead. When you vote this year keep it in mind. Any politician that thinks he or she can negotiate with or talk with Iran is DANGEROUS!

If Professor Bernard Lewis is right REAL TROUBLE may come as soon as August 22, 2006.

If you have not added physical gold, platinum and or silver to your investment portfolio, please do as quickly as possible. It's the only financial safety net and you need it close at hand — just in case.

Best Wishes,

James DiGeorgia

Editor & Publisher

Gold & Energy Advisor 

Please see risk disclosure link below.